Sunday 8 February 2015

Jus-Rol Cinnamon Swirls

I can be such a lazy baker. Ever since being introduced to Jus-Rol baking products I have fallen in love with them... and my laziness has reached a whole new level. Last time I made their chocolate croissants, this time its the turn for cinnamon swirls! I LOVE CINNAMON SWIRLS. And my laziness is so great I didn't even cut the dough... my mum did! All I did was arrange them on the tray and then make the icing.

You literally cannot go wrong with this recipe...Simple, easy and delicious. They even provide the little pot of icing sugar for you! I've decided from now on I will stock these DIY cinnamon swirls in my fridge, they are so quick and easy to make and perfect for those days when unexpected friends drop in. 20 mins later you will have warm and yummy cinnamon swirls fresh from the oven, sitting on the table for your guests to enjoy. A new firm favourite for me.




1) Preheat the oven to 200c or 180c for fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment. Pull the corner of the red label down.

2) The can will open itself, then twist the can to remove the dough.

3) Using a knife, slice the rolled dough into 6 equal slices.



4) Place the slices on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper.

5) Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 11 - 14 minutes or until golden brown.For a glossy appearance slightly warm 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and brush on top of freshly baked swirls, allow to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top and enjoy.



Icing Preparation

1) Empty the pot with icing sugar into a bowl, add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of water, stir well to separate any sugar lumps. 

2) Allow cinnamon swirls to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top. 




I cannot give you any tips on this recipe...you really can't go wrong with it!!! So Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment