Wednesday 29 October 2014

Good Food Cake And Bake Show 25th October

So I went to my very first Good Food Cake and Bake Show last week and I had a fantastic time!! It was held in the Business Design Centre in Islington, London.

The day started off with watching Eric Lanlard being interviewed on the 'Interview Stage' by Jo Wheatley. Sitting second to the front, it was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.








A very quick photo with interview  host Jo Wheatly who won the Great British Bake off 2011!












 I then bought Eric Lanlard's book 'Chocolate' and Ruby Tandoh's 'Crumb' and joined the many to queue to have it signed by the authors and a very quick photo opportunity!!



Quick photo with Eric Lanlard!














Quick photo with Great British Bake Off finalist, Ruby Tandoh! My mum kept on calling her Trudy to her face...









Mum and I then watched John Whaite in the Bakes and Cakes Theatre. John won the Great British Bake Off in 2012 and was interviewed through out his theatre show by Lisa Faulkner. John baked his recipe Pear, Bay and Almond Rustic Tart which can be found in his book John Whaite Bakes: At Home. It turned out he used the wrong pastry on the day which was quite funny!



We then headed to the Kenwood stall and I bought their new KMix hand mixer in bright green!! It retails for around £65 but they had it on sale for £45 and if you were one of the first 20 people to buy it, you got a further £10 off and free tickets to see another theatre show!! So I was unbelievably pleased that I got the new hand mixer for £35 and got free tickets to see Cat Dresser!

Cat Dresser was a contestant in the Great British Bake Off 2012. She was also interviewed through out her show by Lisa Faulkner and baked her Courgette, Linseed and Lemon Muffins from her book Lets Bake.


 After mum and I watched Cat Dressers show we went to the ticket stall and on a whim, bought tickets to see Mary Berry! All it cost us was £5 each! I was shocked at how cheap the tickets were! How could we refuse!!! I was finally going to meet one of the people who inspired me to start baking!



Mary baked two recipes, the first was her Chocolate and Irish Cream Roulade (which I actually baked recently but without the alcohol) and secondly her Raspberry and Apple Muffins. She was accompanied by her daughter Annabelle and it was an absolute delight to watch her! This show was the last show of the day and once it had finished everyone was herded out of the building, mum and I ducked down a back stairwell as it had loo. As we were coming out of the loo, Mary Berry walked past and was kind enough to have a photo with me!


My mum then promptly turned to Mary Berry and said 'You! Your'e costing me a fortune getting my daughter in to baking!!' to which Mary replied 'Well its keeping her out of trouble'. I was gob smacked that my mum said that but then she turned sickly sweet and said 'But you were the second ever cook book I bought when I was 13'. I was very fortunate to have a photo with the queen of baking and was very giddy sitting on the tube on my way home!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my day and in between the shows mum and I scoured round all the stalls. I bought my baking basics at very cheap prices, like muffin cases for a pound, fondant icing, muffin carriers, decorations etc etc. Although one thing I bought was somewhat a starter kit for flower  sugar paste modelling. I bought a hydrangea maker and stamp to make roses plus lots of other stuff to get me started!! So fingers crossed I'll soon be able to make pretty flower decorations!

 I will certainly go to the Good Food Cake and Bake Show again!


No comments:

Post a Comment