Monday 13 October 2014

MacMillan Coffee Morning


Work held a MacMillan Coffee Morning and I jumped at the chance! I was actually on the night shift so I had to give my bakes to the early team for the bake sale later that day. Work made a fantastic effort with lots of cakes and bakes! There was a coffee and date cake, a Halloween cake (for which the sponge looked like a very trippy rainbow), a very yummy chocolate rice crispy tray-bake, a Victoria sponge and much much more.

I made three bakes:
1) Chocolate Fudge
2) Millionaires Shortbread
3) Lemon Meringue Muffins


The reason why I made bakes that had small individual slices compared to a cake was that everyone could by a slice of millionaires shortbread, a bag of fudge or a muffin and donate 50p or a £1 instead of buying a whole cake. That way everyone can donate a little bit of money and show they are doing their bit for MacMillan. My bakes certainly went down well; I won 1st place for my fudge and 2nd place for the millionaires shortbread! I am really proud of that!!

I will explain each bake separately...



No comments:

Post a Comment